Cambridge United are delighted to announce details around the Football Club’s exciting new ‘Matchday Live’ content for 2020/21, that will accompany the live streams of fixtures on iFollow for the forthcoming season.
CONFIRMATION ON IFOLLOW SOLUTION
Last week it was approved by the EFL that League Two clubs would have the ability to provide season ticket holders with free access to watch the iFollow live streams, via promotional codes, for every home League fixture during the period in which access to matches is restricted. Non-season ticket holders will also be able to watch the games via iFollow, by purchasing a £10 match pass each week. The match passes will be available for home, away an cup fixtures.
It is important to note, that the EFL have now specified that this solution is a temporary measure to ensure that fans are able to watch fixtures whilst games are behind closed doors or clubs are operating a reduced capacity at stadiums. The duration of how long this solution will be available throughout the 2020/21 season will be under review by the EFL and Clubs on an ongoing basis, with the first review set for early October.
CLUB LAUNCHES MATCHDAY LIVE
Matchday Live, which will be hosted by our brand new Match Day Presenter Dave Vant, will include a variety of content on our digital channels to get United supporters at the very heart of match day at the Abbey. U’s fans will have a whole host of pre-match, half time and post-match content to enjoy for every League fixture at the Abbey. We will also be aiming to provide as much content as possible on the road, Covid restrictions allowing, but our home fixtures will be the matches to experience our full catalogue of content.
Whilst many supporters may not be able to attend fixtures at the Abbey with as much regularity as they have in the past, the Football Club is determined to make it possible to fully engage with the buzz of a match day wherever you watch U’s fixtures from this season.
Matchday Live will include:
- A pre-match show including opposition previews, match highlights, pre-match interviews with players and coaching staff, Junior U Journalist Zack Attack feature and plenty more
- Live interviews with the players as they arrive at the Abbey on Match Day, as well as a view from the press box with members of the media providing their thoughts
- The Warm-Up Walk – We’ll be right there on the pitch as the players build up to kick off, and Mark Bonner will be giving live reaction to team news and offering an insight into his final pre-match thoughts minutes before the match gets underway
- The Half-time Mick George Skip Challenge returns! The first team players will compete each week, with 45 seconds to chip as many balls into the skip, as they aim to top the leaderboard.
- The power will be in the hands of the fans, as they choose the Jackson Fire & Security Man of the Match for every fixture via online poll. That will be followed post-match with the thoughts of the player fans selected as the stand out performer.
- Post-match interview with Mark Bonner to gather the immediate reaction after the final whistle
All of this content will be available for free to U’s fans, across the Club’s social media channels and here at Cambridge-United.co.uk, and will accompany the live match stream that will be available on iFollow for just £10 per match.
MATCH PASSES ON SALE NOW FOR BIRMINGHAM CITY MATCH
We’ll be kicking off our first Matchday Live this Saturday, as the U’s return to competitive football and begin the 2020/21 in Carabao Cup action against Championship side Birmingham City.
Kick off is 3:00pm at St Andrews, with Match Passes now available to buy by clicking here for just £10. Season Ticket Holders are reminded that away fixtures are not included free, and therefore will be required to buy a match pass in order to watch the match.
U’s fans can also watch the game live via tablet or mobile device, which can be downloaded at the link here.
Buy your match pass now and don’t miss a kick as Mark Bonner’s men get the new campaign up and running!