Cambridge United are today pleased to announce that we will be joining Football Club’s up and down the country in promising free match day tickets for NHS workers when football returns.
Whilst Football rightly takes a back seat during the current climate with people’s safety paramount, we are keen to commit now to this initiative so that whenever we return to the Abbey Stadium, Cambridge United can collectively honour our NHS workers at a designated fixture.
Cambridge United CEO Ian Mather commented: “The selected match day will provide everybody associated with our Football Club, an opportunity to show our immense gratitude to all those who are currently fighting the coronavirus on our behalf.
“We also hope that this provides something small for our local NHS workers to look forward to in the coming weeks and months. These are indeed difficult times for us all, but with small acts of kindness across our wonderful community accompanied by the fantastic skill of our NHS workers, we can and will come through this together.”
Cambridge United are keen to re-iterate the highly important message issued by government to protect our NHS:
- Stay at home – no unnecessary journeys or social contact
- Only leave home for essential food shopping, medical needs and one form of exercise per day
- You can travel to and from work if absolutely necessary
- Public gatherings of more than two people are banned – excluding people you live with
- Don’t visit other people’s houses socialise outside your home
- If unwell, isolate yourself and your family
We are Here for U’s. Our Community Careline number is 01223 632129. Lines are open from 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.