Cambridge United are on the lookout for a new team of ‘Abbey Helpers’ to play a key role in improving the fan experience on match days at the Abbey Stadium.
At Cambridge United we are continuously looking at ways to raise the bar on how well supporters are looked after at the Abbey Stadium, whether they are attending their first match or if they are lifetime fans and season ticket holders. The Abbey Helpers will play a key role in this ambition, and will be a team of enthusiastic and happy volunteers, who will act as the first point of contact with fans as they arrive at the ground.
They will help to create a warm and friendly atmosphere for all spectators, enhancing the spectator experience on match days and available to help for all those attending the Abbey Stadium for the first time.
Many supporters may remember the Abbey Helpers Scheme, having been a success in the past.
Objective: To make the match day experience enjoyable for all supporters, to meet and greet supporters, to engage and assist supporters when coming to the match
- Provide support and information to all supporters at every home match
- To provide a friendly, welcoming and trustworthy point of contact on match days supporting both individuals and families coming to the Abbey Stadium
- Be on hand to show new visitors to the Abbey Stadium, around to the various and relevant points in the ground
- To ensure that the Club's Safeguarding and Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- To ensure that a high standard of customer service is delivered at all times
- Engage with supporters within the Fanzone area when open
- Be responsible for managing activations within the Fanzone when open
To apply or for further information, please email Cambridge United’s Supporter’s Liaison Office Dave Matthew Jones – Dave.Matthew-Jones@Cambridge-United.co.uk