Cambridge United are pleased to announce 2020/21 season tickets are now back on sale, with priority purchase for existing 19/20 season ticket holders.
Last week the Football Club announced its intention to make a further 1,000 season tickets available, in addition to the 603 supporters who purchased during the two week window earlier in the year.
Due to the impact of coronavirus and the reduced capacity in which the Football Club will need to operate at the Abbey when crowds are permitted to return (currently expected at the start of October), Cambridge United have placed an initial cap on the availability of season tickets. This therefore ensures every fan who has a 20/21 season ticket, will guarantee themselves a place for every possible fixture next season in which crowds will be permitted to attend.
Reminder – Booking in Social Bubbles
The number at which the Abbey Stadium’s capacity will be limited to, will depend on how many supporters attend games in social bubbles. Essentially the greater number of fans who attend in larger social bubbles, will increase the ground capacity for a fixture. Likewise, the capacity will decrease if supporters attend in smaller social bubbles or on their own.
Cambridge United therefore strongly encourages supporters purchasing season tickets now, to do so in the social bubbles that they intend to attend fixtures with. This not only helps the Football Club plan for the return of U’s fans to the Abbey, but also improves our ability to place further season tickets on sale or increases the number of match tickets that will be available for each home fixture during the season.
As communicated last week, the social bubble situation does also mean that supporters will be highly unlikely to be able to secure their exact seat, however the Football Club will endeavour to keep supporters roughly in the same area that they book.
Reminder – Two Stage Process
Stage One – Secure a Season Ticket (Available Now for Existing 19/20 ST Holders)
- This season ticket will guarantee a supporter a priority window before each and every home fixture at the Abbey in which crowds are permitted!
- FREE MATCH STREAMING - Season ticket holders will also receive iFollow live match streaming free of charge for all home League games in which crowds are not able to attend. Cambridge United had intended to also provide free streaming for away fixtures, however this was not approved in an EFL vote conducted between League Two Clubs. Away match streams will be available to purchase on iFollow.
Stage Two - Match by Match Priority Window (Available throughout season)
- There will be a priority window in advance of every home fixture at the Abbey Stadium, for season ticket holders to confirm attendance and specify how many fellow season ticket holders they will be attending with in a social bubble.
- Stage two will of course NOT include an additional fee for season ticket holders when they confirm their attendance!
- Once the priority window deadline has passed in advance of each fixture, all remaining tickets up to the Football Club’s limited capacity will be placed on general sale as match tickets.
Full details about Stage Two and the process supporters will be required to complete for each home fixture will be communicated in due course.
Prices are as follows:
Season Ticket 2020/21
|NEWMARKET ROAD END/NORTH HABBIN/SOUTH HABBIN|
|U12||Free with Junior U's (£10)|
|MAIN STAND - FAMILY ENCLOSURES (Blocks Family A & G)|
|Free with Junior U's (£10)|
|MAIN STAND STAND - Blocks B, F, E & A 1 & 2|
|Free with Junior U's (£10)|
|MAIN STAND - Blocks C & D|
HOW TO BUY
On sale now online, over the phone and in-person from 9am to existing 2019/20 season ticket holders. Any remaining places will go on sale from Friday 28th August at 10am.
ONLINE – Head to www.cufcdirect.com. Reminder - Existing season ticket holders who are booking online must use the same online account they purchased their 2019/20 season tickets, in order to take advance of priority purchase window this week.
OVER THE PHONE – Call 01223 566 500 to arrange a season ticket. We expect heavily congested phone lines, so please be patient.
IN-PERSON – For those who are unable to use the online store or secure a season ticket via telephone, the Club will be opening up a Ticket Office window between 9am – 12pm on Monday 24th August and Tuesday 25th August. However, for all those who are able to secure online and over the phone, we strongly encourage you to do so.
If supporters have any queries they can contact the ticket office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01223 566 500.