Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News


29 January 2019

A fine stoppage time free kick from Tom Knowles sent Kettering Town to the top of the Evo-Stik Premier Central Division in a 2-1 win over promotion rivals Stourbridge.

The youngster was subbed on with 12 minutes to play and stepped up to fire home a stunning set piece for the Poppies with ten seconds left on the clock to decide a crucial top of the table clash.

Elsewhere, having not scored for United’s youth team all season centre-back Sam Goode inspired a Haverhill Rovers’ fightback on Saturday, scoring not once but twice as the Suffolk side fought from three goals down to draw 3-3 against Gorleston.

Featuring for the full 90 minutes at the New Croft, Goode pulled back a first for the hosts directing a corner through a crowd of bodies into the net shortly after the hour mark, before powering in a header three minutes into stoppage time to complete the dramatic comeback.

Ben Worman continued his positive run of form for Bishop Stortford, scoring the Blues third goal in a 0-3 away win over Burgess Hill Town in the Bostik League Premier Division. The forward, who played the full 90 minutes, ran from his own half, beating two defenders before slotting a shot past the keeper to ensure a comfortable victory.

Leon Davies made his second appearance in National League South with the young full back playing 70 minutes against Gloucester City for Bath City, as the Romans were held to a goalless draw.

Forward Joe Neal and centre back Charlie Johnson both played for the entire of Royston Town’s Evo-Stik South fixture against Lowestoft Town on Saturday afternoon, aiding the Crow’s in a 1-1 draw at Garden Walk.

Likewise goalkeeper Finley Iron and full back Jordan Norville-Williams also played 90 minutes for St Neots Town, who overcame a Needham Market side 0-1 which also featured fellow U’s loanee Sam Squire.

Finally Sam Bennett played his second game for Mildenhall Town, gaining 75 minutes under his belt before being substituted off prior to the Suffolk outfit conceding a late goal in a 1-0 defeat to Basildon United.

Advertisement block