Cambridge United are delighted to today launch the #UnitedSince1912 season ticket campaign, aimed at celebrating and rewarding the loyalty of the United faithful throughout the Club’s history, whilst also creating the fan base of the future.
The campaign signifies the Football Club’s enormous pride of its tremendously passionate and devoted supporters, who have without question played the most important role across the course of Cambridge United’s 106 year existence.
Split across two phases beginning with a four week early bird period up to Tuesday 8th May, the ‘#UnitedSince1912’ campaign has been constructed to specifically reward you, our dedicated fans, with a decrease in all season ticket prices during the early bird phase, which will also include a number of very special fan incentives when securing your place at the Abbey Stadium for the 2018/19 season.
The ‘#UnitedSince1912’ campaign:
- CELEBRATES the loyalty of Cambridge United supporters, having been #UnitedSince1912;
The campaign video (see above) demonstrates the incredible contribution and emotion devoted to our Football Club by the fans since 1912, and this campaign aims to continue to provide you with a number of ways to celebrate your commitment to Cambridge United. These include ‘The 12th Fan’ initiative in partnership with Mick George, which epitomises what the ‘#UnitedSince1912’ campaign represents, as the number 12 shirt has been reserved for the 2018/19 season. As part of this 23 season ticket holders will be selected at random, during the early bird window for each of our 23 home games next season, to be our official 12th man. More news on this incentive and a series of other player/fan initiatives will follow in the next four weeks!
- REWARDING the U’s faithful for their backing with;
-The opportunity to make a significant saving across all season tickets when purchasing before Tuesday 8th May. The Club have decreased prices on all 2018/19 season tickets for those who purchase before the early bird deadline. For full pricing and season ticket purchase information please click here.
- The ‘#UnitedSince1912’ 28 Day Giveaway provides those signed up for the 2018/19 season, with the chance to win a host of exciting prizes including free meals at local restaurants, hotel stays, rounds of golf and much more – The first three prizes will be announced this week, so the sooner you sign up, the sooner we can reward you. Keep your eyes peeled for more information about the prizes available.
- CREATING the Cambridge United supporter base of the future;
As the Football Club looks to carry forward the tradition of being #UnitedSince1912 through to future generations, we are therefore pleased to announce the re-launch of the iconic Junior U’s scheme. This will coincide with a FREE junior season ticket for Under 12s (£10 Annual Membership Fee) and up to a 60% decrease in season ticket prices for Under 18s, which will be available from £49. The Under 12 Junior U’s membership will also include a series of exclusive first team player engagement event throughout 2018/19, with full details to be announced in the coming weeks.
Shaun Grady, Cambridge United’s Director of Business, commented: “We are delighted to launch the #UnitedSince1912 campaign alongside our 2018/19 season ticket programme. We wanted to thank our supporters for their commitment to the Club and demonstrate this through a decrease in all season ticket prices when purchasing during the early purchase window.
“We want to continue to develop our proud Club’s fan base and as part of that, we hope that by making junior season tickets free and substantially decreasing under 18s season tickets, we can make it significantly easier for the fans of the future to initially engage with our Football Club.”
WHAT ELSE IS NEW?
- The Club are pleased to also re-introduce concession season ticket prices within Blocks C & D of the Mundipharma Community Stand
- The young adult concession category has been extended to 18-23 in comparison to 18-21, to allow football at the Abbey Stadium to be more affordable for young people
- Concession prices will also this year include the introduction of an armed forces discount
Finally, Cambridge United encourages supporters to get behind the ‘#UnitedSince1912’ campaign by sharing their own favourite memories of following the U’s by using the #UnitedSince1912 on social media.
2018/19 SEASON TICKETS WILL GO ON SALE AT 10AM ON TUESDAY 10TH APRIL.
FOR FULL SEASON TICKET PRICES, HOW TO BUY AND FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE EARLY BIRD DEADLINE PLEASE CLICK HERE.