Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports


26 September 2017

Cambridge United produced a resounding 3-0 victory over Forest Green Rovers, to extend their unbeaten home streak to four games in Sky Bet League Two.

Jabo Ibehre’s first half striker gave United a grip of the game before a brace from Uche Ikpeazu put the visitors to the sword.

Shaun Derry made two changes to his starting line-up, with George Taft and Medy Elito replacing Greg Taylor and Jevani Brown.

The U’s were immediately on to the front foot in the encounter, when a charge down on a Forest Green clearance by Medy Elito founds its way through to Uche Ikpeazu who couldn’t hit the target with his left foot.

David Forde produced a superb stop to deny Dan Wishart’s sweetly struck free kick in what proved to be the visitor’s only opportunity of the first half.

The Amber Army didn’t have to wait long for the opening goal though when Jabo Ibehre tapped in Medy Elito’s cross from close range on 14 minutes.

United continued to dominate the half, with Ikpeazu again going close before George Maris rattled the cross bar with a fine effort before half time.

It was Forde who was called into action first in the second period, making an excellent save high to his left to push away Wishart’s fierce shot.

However, United were in no mood to let the game slip away and a two quickfire goals put the game to bed around the hour mark.

The first saw the big striker find the top right corner from an acute angle after wrong footing his opposite number, whilst he hammered home his second from 10 yards to complete a comprehensive win for the U’s.

Cambridge United: Forde, Halliday, Legge, Taft, Dunk (Brown, 75 mins), Mingoia, Deegan, Maris (Carroll, 54 mins), Elito (O’Neil, 75 mins), Ikpeazu, Ibehre

Forest Green: Russell, Bennett, Traore (Brown,66 mins) , Collins, Doidge, Bugiel, Wishart (Laird, 71 mins), Randall, Lacovitti (Correia Gomes, 61 mins), Roberts, Osbourne

Attendance: 3,545 (79)

Vindis Man of the Match: Uche Ikpeazu

Advertisement block