SOCCER TOTS AND SOCCER CENTRES
Cambridge United has a number of fantastic of opportunities to ‘Train Weekly with the U’s’ including the Soccer Centres and Soccer Tots programmes!
Our team of Youth Development coaches are all ready to go for delivering the new season of Cambridge United Soccer Tots and Soccer Centres. This is your chance to become part of Cambridge United Football Club and take your child to take their first steps and become a part of the U’s Development Pyramid.
Cambridge United Soccer Tots and Soccer Centres are part of the Community Football Programme. This is an ever growing part of the club, which has been demonstrated with a record number of children attending the recent Summer Soccer Schools.
Soccer Tots for 2-6 year olds, begins on once more on Saturday 17th September at ten regional venues and provides weekly training for young children who are taking their first steps in football.
Soccer Tots provides the chance to learn the basic skills needed as well as developing a child's social skills in a fun and safe football based environment. The Soccer Tots programme includes:-
- Structured one hour training sessions that consist of FUNdamental movement practices, football themed learning and match play
- Each week will focus upon story based learning, themed around football based skills and movements
- Every week features a "Marvin's Move" which relates to the training session for that week
- Parents will receive a weekly email containing a video clip of that week's "Marvin's Move" which can then be practiced at home
Attend Term one and your child will also receive the 2016-17 Soccer Tots t-shirt and ball.
Soccer Centres for 5-12 year olds, begins next week at 12 regional venues and provides an opportunity for children to develop their footballing abilities, whether they are relatively new to football or have played regularly at home or for a club team.
Soccer Centres are themed upon a ten week technical block of coaching that covers many skills associated with football. The Soccer Centres programme includes:
- Weekly structured one hour training sessions that are made up of ball mastery/technical training and match play
- Every week will focus upon a different topic which is themed upon a Cambridge United First Team player e.g. Topic: Luke Berry Short Passing
- Every topic will include a 'Players Challenge' which will relate to the training session for that week
- Each week parents will receive an email detailing the topic of the week and 'Players Challenge' which can then be practiced at home
- Each term a Soccer Centre specific trial will be held for children who have shown the greatest progress at their venue as recommended by the Youth Development Coach
- At the end of each term, children will receive an end of term report style certificate which will highlight the topics they have excelled at during training.
to book a place on either programme or for more information on Soccer Tots or Soccer Centres please email email@example.com or call 01223 566500.