WATCH: CAMBRIDGE UNITED LAUNCH NEW COMMUNITY VIDEOAs part of the #CambridgeUnites campaign, Cambridge United have today unveiled a new video to highlight the club’s extensive work across all cross-sections of the local community and a membership subscription that will allow fans to support its growth.
The #CambridgeUnites campaign is now well underway, with the aim of helping Cambridge United Community Trust expand its outreach and positively affect the lives of as many people within the community as possible. The new community video reveals the scale of work already being delivered by the club, but “there’s so much more to do”.
The video defines the U’s excellence pathway, development pyramid, highlights the open-access opportunities available through the Community Football Programme and provides information about the vast number of projects being delivered by our Community Trust.
Examples of community engagement activities coming up in the next few weeks include a new walking football programme, a free lunch during the school holidays for children from Abbey Ward, and a free food and karaoke night for residents of Ditton Fields, in conjunction with We Are Ditton Fields.
Watch the full Cambridge United Community video here now:
Cambridge United Chief Executive Jez George commented: “We would like to thank Marco (Ferri) and Ben (McAuley) for the incredible amount of work undertaken in producing such a professional video.
“Both are fans of the club and it’s very humbling that they feel so passionately about getting the message of our work within the community to the public at large.
“We are very grateful for their time, expertise and help. We hope it makes our supporters proud of our work and articulates the message that Cambridge United is a massive asset to this city. This video can help us spread the word, especially amongst the great and the good of Cambridge, that we are far more than what happens on a Saturday afternoon."
Cambridge United Community Trust Manager Danny Kerrigan added: “We’re proud of the contribution Cambridge United makes to the community and this video gives our fans and the general public a snapshot of this work.
“As with every other charity, we need to fundraise in order to continue growing our outreach.
“To this end, we have created a ladder of Community Trust Memberships as part of the #CambridgeUnites Campaign that gives everyone the chance to subscribe on a monthly basis to gain exclusive Cambridge United content and access.
“Whether it is Bronze, Silver or Gold, the rewards will keep coming as long as you remain subscribed, enabling the wider Cambridge United community to support our charitable work in a fulfilling and exciting way.”
To support Cambridge United Community Trust by signing up to any of the following memberships, click here now.
Contribute £5/month and become a Bronze Member of Cambridge United Community Trust, entitling you to:
• An exclusive #CambridgeUnites wristband
• A monthly email newsletter from Cambridge United Community Trust
• A personalised Cambridge United Community Trust Membership Certificate
• Have your name added to a "Hall of Fame" on Cambridge United Community Trust’s website
Contribute £10/month and become a Silver Member of Cambridge United Community Trust, entitling you to:
• All Bronze Rewards
• An exclusive #CambridgeUnites pin badge
• Automatic free entry for a monthly #CambridgeUnites raffle - amazing prizes to be won!
• An exclusive monthly “Ask Jez” video forum – your chance to get inside info from the Chief Executive as he answers your questions
• 2 Hospitality Tickets to 3 Academy Matches at the Abbey Stadium per season
Contribute £20/month and become a Gold Member of Cambridge United Community Trust, entitling you to:
• All Bronze and Silver Rewards
• An exclusive #CambridgeUnites gold pin badge
• 2 Hospitality Tickets to a Cambridge United home league match per season
• 2 Tickets to 3 exclusive #CambridgeUnites events per season – first team players and staff present
Alternatively there will be upcoming opportunities for season ticket holders and members of our youth programme to make a one-off donation when they renew.