PROGRAMME PREVIEW: BEN WILLIAMSON
Read a sneak preview of Ben Williamson’s programme article here, with the U’s striker thrilled to still be in the play-off hunt at this stage of the season.
Williamson has also signed 30 copies which will be distributed randomly around the ground, so pick up a programme for just £3 for a chance to win!
Read a preview here:
After back-to-back victories and a defeat for AFC Wimbledon on Tuesday night, the U’s chances of a top seven finish are still alive and Williamson is pleased United have plenty to play for.
He stated: “We don't want our season to simply peter out and want to continue playing for something in the next couple of weeks. Everyone in the changing room has the same mentality and we are still pushing for the play-offs.
“We have been in great form in recent weeks and from just being in and around the group at the training ground, it has been no surprise that we’ve been able to string the performances and results together, because the team spirit and belief is great.
“The manager is setting the standards in training and on match days and the players are buying into that, so we will keep working towards our target.
“We’ll continue to take it a game at a time and hope that we can win the next two fixtures to put pressure on Wimbledon.”
Also in this week’s edition:
- Important information on the planning application for Sporting Village at Trumpington and Cambridge Community Stadium
- The View of the Chairman - Dave Doggett
- Shaun Derry – The U’s boss on still being in the hunt and
- Jez George – Chief Executive on Academy ten year anniversary
- Plymouth Argyle – A full profile on the visitors and ‘Top Boys’ feature on a selection of their greatest ever players
- Tom Pell – In-depth Q & A with the Academy about ten years of the U’s Youth Scheme
- Academy Collage – CUFC ACADEMY – Ten Years in the Making…
- Guest Columnists – Mike Barnes , Ali Cliffe and Neil Cole
- CFU – Robert Osbourn pens his final “View from the Van” column of the season
- Youth Team Report – Report and the thoughts of Mark Bonner following the U18s final game of the season
- Junior U’s – More fun and games to enjoy!
Pick up a copy for just £3. Meanwhile tickets for the match are still available online
, in-store and by calling 01223 566 500.