CARLISLE UNITED MATCH DAY PROGRAMMERead a sneak preview of tomorrow’s main feature article with captain Luke Berry in the match day programme right here!
With the U’s right back in contention for a play-off push during the closing five games of the season, the U’s midfielder discusses the League run in, playing alongside loan duo Ryan Ledson and Max Clark, the impact of the Amber Army and more.
Berry has also signed 30 copies of the match day programme which will be distributed around the ground randomly, so pick up a copy for just £3 for a chance to win!
Read a preview of Berry’s feature here:
The U’s are positioned on the cusp of the top seven and whilst they still have the possibility of breaking into the play-offs, Berry says they’ll continue to fight tooth and nail to reach the upper echelons of the division.
He said: “We saw last weekend how quickly things can change in the League, anything can happen! We are three points off now, with five games left to play and it really feels as if we have everything to play for.
“We want to stay in touching distance so that we are playing for something. We are desperate to push on after having a few chances earlier in the season, so the next two games will be very important.”
Reflecting on last weekend’s victory over Newport County at Rodney Parade, Berry feels that although the U’s were not too quick out of the blocks, they produced a display that highlighted their capabilities at the business end of the campaign.
He added: “We didn’t start particularly well early on at Newport but when we got going, we showed our quality and were in control of the game. It felt as if it was only going to be a matter of time before we got the goal, thankfully we did and that earned us three very good points.
“Dunney (James, Dunne) made a great run, I’ve managed to slide him through with a pass and in all fairness he took the chance really well to finish the move and score the goal.”
Meanwhile also in this week’s edition:
- Dave Doggett – The Chairman welcomes a series of very special guests to the Abbey Stadium.
- Shaun Derry – The U’s boss on building the momentum over the next two games on home soil.
- Jez George – Jez reveals some startling statistics about the activities that have taken place since our last meeting at the Abbey Stadium against Oxford United.
- #CambridgeUnites - The latest from the #CambridgeUnites campaign, including more exciting auction prizes coming very soon!
- 100 Years of Coconuts – A profile on former Manager Roy McFarland as he revisits the Abbey Stadium
- Legend’s Wall - Lee Philpott is the latest U’s legend in focus
- Guest Columnists – Mike Barnes, Neil Cole, Robert Osbourn and Mark Roberts all pen articles
- Academy Report – Full report on the Under 8’s recent tour of the North East
- Youth Team Update – Mark Bonner on the U18s victory over Bristol Rovers
- Junior U’s – Wordsearch, Guess U and Squad Number Maths
Be sure to pick up your copy for just £3, whilst tickets are still available online here or from the ticket office right up to kick off.