Soccer Schools are coming back!
The Cambridge United Soccer Schools in association with Elms Cambridge BMW return during the October half term and will take spooky twist for a Halloween!
Taking place across 15 venues the Soccer Schools are open to all children aged 4-12 years old, with another jam packed schedule in store. A series of themed days will take place and include the chance to learn new one on one moves, meet the first team players, learn key goalscoring techniques and enjoy a number of spooky Halloween related activities.
As always the schools will be delivered by our FA and First Aid qualified youth development coaches, and will include the usual technical training, fun games and matches. Participants will also be able to use the inflatable football pitch and zorb footballs.
The exciting weekly schedule is as follows:
MONDAY – SKILL SCHOOL
- Children have the chance to learn one on one skills such as the Maradona turn, Ronaldo Chop and the Rainbow Flick
- Finishing Techniques
- Shooting with Power
- Free Kick & Penalties
WACKY WEDNESDAY RETURNS!
- Halloween themed fancy dress
- Children can bring your wackiest to dress up the coaches!
- Focus on the Academy philosophy, concentrating on the creator, destroyer and goal scorer
- This day includes more intense technical training with a focus on agility, balance and speed exercises
FIRST TEAM FRIDAY
- Once again Cambridge United’s first team players will be visiting all 15 venues across the region, who will be available for autographs, pictures and an exclusive Q & A
Cambridge United Soccer Schools are the perfect answer for any working parent during the school holidays, eliminating the need to search for childcare with an exciting course that promotes healthy living as well as an entertaining training programme.
Venues are as follows:
Cambridge Regional College
Meanwhile, running alongside the regular soccer school schedule, people aged between 12-16 years are able to take part in the Futsal Schools which will be delivered by former Cambridge United star Luke Chadwick. More information will follow soon but bookings are available now at www.CUYD.co.uk.
Girls Only and Goalkeeper schools will also be available, head to www.cusoccerschools.co.uk for more information.
You can book online now for all Soccer Schools at the following link, or alternatively arrange a place over the phone by calling 01223 566 500 (option 4).
The club is encouraging all supporters to register their children as soon as possible to avoid missing out on your nearest Soccer School! Ahead of October half-term we expect a number of venues to be fully subscribed.
Find out more about Cambridge United Soccer Schools at www.cusoccerschools.co.uk, or check out Cambridge Youth Development on Twitter @CambridgeUYD.
The Soccer Schools are sponsored by Elms Cambridge BMW.