Apply for a position now
A number of positions have become available within the medical department at the Cambridge United Academy, with information about how to apply included below.
The part-time vacancies range from assisting senior members of medical staff with match day cover of the younger age groups, to providing match day and training session cover for all school boy ages, including provisions to run clinics from training and before home fixtures.
Training sessions take place on both weeknights and weekend mornings with fixtures primarily on Sunday mornings but occasionally re-arranged to midweek.
Any successful candidate will be responsible for the first line of emergency aid and assessment, leasing with players, parents and coaches regarding any player injuries, working closely with the Senior Academy Physiotherapist discussing any injuries that have occurred.
With a range of positions available, the required qualifications range from basic sports first aid to the FA Intermediate First Aid for Sport (IFAS).
This is an ideal opportunity for undergraduate applicants and graduate Physiotherapists / Sports Therapists to gain experience within sport at a professional football club.
• Sporting first aid (preferably FA Basic First aid for Sport (BFAS) or FA Intermediate First aid for Sport (IFAS)
• Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Effective communication
• An enthusiastic, hardworking individual
• Pro-active attitude
• Student or graduate Sports Therapist / Physiotherapist
• Experience of pitch-side medical provision
• Experience of working an Academy setting
• FA Safe Guarding Children Workshop
For more information or to apply for a position please e-mail the Senior Academy Physiotherapist on Chris.Gibbons@cambridge-united.co.uk