U's announce extension of Youth Development Programme
CAMBRIDGE United are delighted to announce the extension of the U's Youth Development Programme below the Regional Development Centres.
The Youth Development Programme, now in its ninth season has been incredibly successful and has recently received the news that the CUFC Academy has gained Category 3 Status within the Elite Player Performance Plan. The CUFC Academy is therefore funded for the first time since its creation. In our commitment to Youth Development we have made a number of changes within the structure of our gifted and talented programme. However, we understand that not every child aspires to become a professional footballer or enter a Youth Development Programme. We as a club want to help develop football at all levels throughout the community.
To this end we are excited to the launch the following programmes:
Cambridge United Soccer Centres
Soccer Centres will be run at 15 regional venues for children in school years 1-7 and will commence after the Easter school holidays. The training is term-time evening sessions over a 10 week block. Players attending the Soccer Centres will receive professional training led by a CUYD coach which will be made up of two 15 minute skills sessions and two 15 minute matches. The coaches are on the look-out for any gifted and talented children who may gain the opportunity to attend a trial within a Regional Development Centre. The emphasis of the training is a 50/50 split between development and fun.
Cambridge United Soccer Schools
Soccer Schools will be run in 15 regional venues for children aged 4-14 in school holidays. The sessions will be led by CUYD coaches who will deliver a combination of technical development coaching and fun-based games. The coaches are on the look-out for any gifted and talented children to be offered opportunities within the club’s RDC programme.
Cambridge United Soccer Tots
Soccer Tots sessions will offer boys and girls aged 2 – 6 the opportunity to take their first steps in football by learning basic techniques through story-based games. The sessions will be run at the 15 Community Football training venues in line with the Soccer Centres and Soccer Schools programmes.
Children attending the Soccer Tots sessions sign up to a ten-week block of sessions and receive a free training kit & ball.
Cambridge United are actively looking for sponsors for their Soccer Centres, Soccer Tots and other initiatives. If your company or the company that you work for are interested in sponsoring a CUYD programme please contact email@example.com
Aims of the Programme
The Community Football Programme has a number of aims, which are outlined below:
- Provide opportunities for children of all abilities to engage with Cambridge United FC.
- Increase the age range of children attending CU Youth Development activities
- Increase participation of girls within the CUYD initiatives
- Provide opportunities for children to be identified to join the Cambridge United Youth Development gifted and talented programme (Regional Development Centres, Shadow Squads and Academy)
- Increase the provision that CUFC provides for high quality childcare provision in school holidays
- Further develop relationships and partnerships with local grassroots clubs
- Develop and progress the level of grassroots football
- Increase participation at local grassroots level by actively promoting participation within grassroots club football
- Develop the social skills and confidence of children attending the CUYD initiatives
We are delighted to launch our website – www.cusoccerschools.co.uk which gives you lots more information about the above programmes.
For any information about the Community Football Programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org