Cambridge United FC Futsal Education Programme
• Learn – Study full-time towards a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport at the Cambridge Regional College.
• Train – Regular futsal coaching to develop technical, tactical and physical ability
• Play – Represent Cambridge United FC in The Football League Trust Futsal League
• Work - Open the door to University courses and careers in the sports industry
WHAT IS FUTSAL?
Futsal is one of the fastest growing indoor sports in the world and the only form of small sided football that is officially recognised by both UEFA and FIFA.
It is a five a side game with up to nine substitutes permitted, played on a flat indoor pitch with hockey sized goals and a smaller ball with a reduced bounce. The pitch is marked out by side-lines rather than walls or boards and the ball is returned to play by kick ins rather than throw ins. For more information on Futsal visit: https://fltfutsal.co.uk/futsal/
The Cambridge United Futsal Education Scholarship offers an opportunity for 16 to 18-year-olds to pursue a Futsal and Education scholarship with the football club, allowing you to study a Level 3 BTEC as well as playing Futsal every day.
If you have achieved 5 A-C GCSE grades (Including Maths & English) then this course could be for you. The course is based at Cambridge Regional College, with all competitive Futsal fixtures played in Futsal’s state-of-the-art arenas across the country, including Birmingham, Europe’s largest Futsal venue, which plays host to the National Finals.
During the Scholarship you can also earn qualifications that will help you gain employment in the sport and leisure industry; as well as learning and training in a professional Futsal environment for Cambridge United FC against other clubs in the Football League.
WHAT IS THE COURSE?
• Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport – Equivalent to 3 A-Levels.
• Full time 2 year course based at Cambridge Regional College
• Students will study 19 units including - Sports Nutrition, Sports Injuries, Anatomy and Physiology, Sports Development, Sport as a Business, Sports Psychology
• Students will be studying 4 days per week.
• Up to 6 hours of Futsal training per week as well as Matches.
• Available to young men aged 16 to 18 who have just achieved their GCSE’s.
• Entry requirements are five GCSE’s or equivalent at C or above (including Maths & English).
• Applications can be completed online at www.camre.ac.uk
. Please note, as well as applying for the Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport, applicants will also need to complete the Futsal Trial Application.
• Exit routes into University or foundation degrees.
• Options of University, Scholarships in America, Personal training courses, Studying Level 4 and 5 at CRC once course is completed
• Potentially undertaking coaching qualifications and refereeing qualifications.
• Opportunities for trips abroad – South of France and Spain, as well as football tours.
• The opportunity of becoming a futsal player and play in the FA Futsal National League.
• Fixtures vs other Futsal Clubs.
• Professionally coached by Cambridge United Academy coaches.
• Become part of Cambridge United Football Club, represent the club and study at the Cambridge Regional College
• Opportunities to gain the FA Level 1 & Level 2 and Futsal Qualification
Futsal Trial Day
Cambridge United are inviting young people and parents to attend the Futsal Open Day at the Cambridge Regional College on Saturday 16th May 2015.
The event will showcase the Futsal Education Programme which we are now recruiting for, to start in September 2015. Ross Brooks, from Cambridge United FC, will give you an introduction into what the course is about, what you can expect and how to gain an interview.
Following your trial, you will be contacted within 7 days with whether you've been successful on your trial or not. All successful applicants will be invited to an open evening event at the Cambridge Regional College with more information on the College, BTEC as well as an interview with College Staff.
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply for the Futsal Education Programme trials on Saturday 16th May 2015 please complete the following application form (click here)
and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Ross Brooks, CUFC, Abbey Stadium, Newmarket Road, Cambridge, CB5 8LN
A sensational FLT Futsal season beckons, with over 50 Football League and Premier League clubs preparing for the 2015-2016 league and new cup competition, set for Saturday Morning TV screens.
FLT Futsal is proving a driving force in the game’s UK growth, as a foundation for players to go further. Future stars continue to emerge, with many players catching the England scouts’ eyes. Frequent call-ups to England development squads are a testament to the programme’s production of talent.
If you would like more information about this course, please contact Ross Brooks on 07437 012 550 or email email@example.com